Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Have You Filled A Bucket Today?

Well, I figured my first blog could be about my favorite book, Have You Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud.  It's a great story to teach elementary age children about how we affect each other in our daily decisions.  I use the book as part of my classroom management to keep my kiddos 'filling buckets' each day.  Students are encouraged to write their peers and teachers 'bucket notes' with a thank you, compliment or encouraging message.  I dedicated a huge bulletin board in my room to bucket filling because I think character education should be a big part of any classroom.  Each student has their own tin bucket (thank you Target $1 section, I am obsessed with buying buckets) that they label with their name and decorate.  The buckets in my picture are turned around to protect student names.  I can't encourage teachers enough to go buy this book.  It is fabulous!  They also have a great website full of resources:


No comments:

Post a Comment